Accountant - Ipsen
Qualified Accountant job for Ipsen in Wrexham. £2,500 UK residents relocation package available.
- Appropriate, accurate and timely financial accounts and reports are prepared for both the Company and Group.
- Other financial information is produced as required to allow the production of statutory accounts, VAT returns, corporation tax computations and other ad hoc business needs.
- All financial accounting records adhere to the relevant Accounting standards and guidelines.
- Represent UK Shared Financial Services locally/internationally by being the primary point of contact for respective company(s) of responsibility
- Ensure that all Company financial transactions, assets and liabilities are accurately recorded and properly accounted for
- Keep constantly up to date with all latest developments in Accounting standards and guidelines
- Own the month-end close of the financial ledgers for respective company(s) of responsibility
- Primary responsibility for journal preparation for all routine accruals/prepayments and other financial entries and maintain appropriate supporting documentation
- Identify opportunities for continued work intake and work closely with the local teams to facilitate the intake of tasks in to UK Shared Financial Services
- Perform SAP month-end closing activities (period-close, revaluations etc.)
- Complete, review and comment on of the monthly Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation Pack
- Lead quarterly Balance Sheet Review meetings with local management
- Contribute to the preparation of/and participate in - quarterly Operational Review meetings with local management
- Support activities relating to fiscal/legal obligations - VAT, Corporation Tax, National Statistics Returns etc. as required
- Act as primary process owner for any nominated financial processes as required which may extend beyond respective company(s) of responsibility
- Complete financial consolidation and other reporting activities as required to achieve Group deadlines
- Perform payroll reconciliation activities and subsequent submissions as required
- Provide external auditors with information and explanations relating to the financial accounts as requested
- Assist in ensuring that an adequate and efficient system of internal controls is in place, which is in compliance with the appropriate financial control standards and Group Internal Control policies
- Develop, Review and approve SOPs/ Work Instructions for company(s) and processes of primary responsibility
- Evolve processes over time by identifying opportunities for increased efficiency and control
- Provide back-up to other Shared services teams and processes as required
- Perform Ad Hoc project work as required
Works within GMP / EHS requirements
- To perform assigned tasks whilst adhering to current GMP requirements at all times.
- Report any compliance concerns to your line-manager or Quality Assurance Compliance
- To work in a safe manner at all times, and raise any Health and Safety concerns to your line-manager or the EHS team
- Do not perform any tasks you are not trained to complete.
- Ensure all training is kept up to date and documented by adhering to training plan requirements.
We are ideally looking to speak to qualified accountants with relevant experience within a complex business. Excellent training is available and plenty of scope for development.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.