Inhouse Tax Accountant - UK and Overseas Tax
A broad role with mainly direct tax responsibilities. This position does have some Indirect tax requirements too
Our client are a great business who are growing and developing their tax team. They are investing heavily in this team and is a brilliant time to join!
The key responsibilities of the Inhouse Tax Accountant / Assistant Manager working for within a High growth Business are:
- Put in place the correct group processes, standards and controls
- Build relationships and interact with internal stakeholders and manage external advisors to provide excellent planning, consulting and expertise
- Identify and mitigate future tax risks.
- Lead on the delivery of a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations within timeframe.
- Manage tax compliance processes for the group, undertaking a coordination and review role for the provision of such services by third party advisors.
- Manage tax provision (prepare IFRS provisions for quarterly and annual reporting process), including ad-hoc requests for tax information and status updates.
- Lead for quarterly and annual tax reporting to the Group, answering queries and questions and co-ordinating with the wider finance team.
- Overseeing the management of tax and compliance in overseas jurisdictions, managing providers to KPIs and strict deadlines
- Coach and develop accounting teams to improve their direct and indirect tax knowledge and to deliver standard and compliant ways of working.
The successful candidate for this Inhouse Tax Assistant Manager role.
- Qualified accountant or tax advisor.
- Experience could be gained in practice or industry (or combination).
- Proven track record in corporate tax, including a knowledge of cross-border tax issues.
- The ability to understand and explain technical issues.
- An understanding and ability to quantify, communicate and manage tax risk.
- Strong IT skills and experience with accounting reporting systems.
- Effective communicator; able to build strong relationships with colleagues in other countries and departments and with third party tax advisors.
- A desire to identify improvements and drive change; demonstrating a 'can do' attitude.
Remuneration up to £55,000
+ Significant cash benefits (shares)
Great company culture
Flexible and home working