Job Title: Accounts Senior
Employer: LK & Associates Limited
Title of Manager: Head of Accounting
Type of Employment: Part-time or full-time (min.3 days/wk)
Rate of pay: Up to £40,000 FTE (based on experience and skills) plus up to 15% bonus
Location: Office-based - 2A High Street, Thames Ditton, KT7 0RY. Some home-working possible
LK & Associates Limited is a small but rapidly expanding practice with an excellent reputation for client care and commercial insight, based in Thames Ditton, Surrey. The practice provides a range of accountancy, tax, and financial consulting services to a diverse client base ranging from individuals, sole traders, partnerships, and small limited companies, with a focus on growth businesses and entrepreneurs. The LK & Associates team is a dedicated and supportive working and training environment. You can expect to work on an interesting array of growing businesses from a wide range of sectors. Due to the nature of our client portfolio, you will have a large and professionally fulfilling impact on the financial side of their business.
Purpose of the role:
We are looking for an ACA or ACCA qualified accountant with at least 12 months post qualification practice experience to support and shape the growth at LK & Associates. This is a new position and presents a unique opportunity for a talented individual who is looking to play a pivotal role in the development of a fast-growing practice. Real opportunity for career progression.
You will need to be technically competent with excellent attention to detail and a can-do attitude to problem solving. You will thrive on regular and ongoing client interaction and have excellent communication skills and the ability to build client relationships quickly, always aiming to deliver first class customer service.
Proactive attitude and attention to detail are must-have attributes for this role, along with a proven track record working in a professional services environment.
The Accounts Senior role will include some or all the following:
• Supporting a client portfolio of small OMBs
• Preparation and review of statutory accounts / corporation tax returns
• Preparation, review and approval of bookkeeping and VAT returns
• Onboarding new clients
• Preparation & review of client management accounts
• Excellent client service by supporting and responding to queries / proactively managing solutions
• Oversight of personal tax returns and liaison with the LKA tax team
• Training and developing junior staff
• ACA or ACCA qualified with strong private client experience in a practice environment
• At least 12 months post qualification experience
• Highly organised individual with excellent time management skills
• Driven by growth and change management
• Proactive client management skills
• Ability to work to deadlines and monitor performance targets
• Xero / Iris software experience preferred but not essential (training provided)