Audit Assistant Manager
Strong interpersonal skills, commercially astute and excellent analytical interpretation are some of the many qualities we are looking for in an Assistant Manager within our established Audit team.
Our vision is one of success for our clients, our people, our communities and our firm. For you this means working with interesting and dynamic clients and forging an exciting career at the cutting edge of the audit world.
As an Audit Assistant Manager within our growing corporate services team, you’ll be leading assignments with a diverse portfolio of new and established clients from AIM companies to SMEs, UK subsidiaries of overseas groups, and a variety of and charity/not-for-profit sectors.
Among our greatest strengths are our friendly and supportive culture and our ambition for our clients and for our people. You’ll get excellent professional development and training opportunities and a broad range of experience, including a programme of technical and professional development.
Our size and growing team offer you incredible progression opportunities where you can train others and learn. This truly is a great opportunity to accelerate your career!
What you’ll be doing day to day:
- Audit planning and carrying out statutory audits of corporate clients, both on-site and in the office
- Leading larger and more complex assignments
- Leading the audit team on-site, ensuring audit procedures are adhered to
- Real contact time with colleagues and a diversified range of clients
- Supporting the manager and partner group on ad hoc projects and assignments
- Supervising and supporting the work of junior team members
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with clients
- Liaising with clients to ensure a smooth and successful client experience
- Producing work for Manager and/ or Partner review
- Highlighting technical or client-specific issues and providing possible solutions
- ACA/ ACCA qualified (or equivalent)
- Statutory audit experience, gained in a public practice environment and including experience of group audits and preparing consolidated financial statements
- Commercially astute, with a keen and proactive approach to problem solving
- Full, clean driving licence, plus unrestricted access to a car
- Committed, accurate, methodical and enquiring approach to work
- Ability to run multiple projects across the manager and partner group
- Organised and able to plan time efficiently in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional and discreet in demonstrating client care
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience of using ProAudit and computer-based accounts and tax compilation programmes is desirable
- Working knowledge of financial products, firm services, issues regarding advice and regulations and compliance, including anti-money laundering is desirable
- Working knowledge of UK and ISA’s (UK & Ireland), IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements
- Training is desirable
- Employer pension scheme
- Travel to work loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Client and employee referral bonuses
- Give as you earn
- Employee assistance programme
- Virtual GP Second opinion medical service
- Bereavement counselling and probate helpline
- Your professional institute fees paid by the firm
- Discounted shopping portal
- Francis Clark Charitable Foundation in support of current and former employees
- 25 days annual leave with the option to ‘buy back’ a further 5 days
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have eight offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has 54 partners and over 800 members of staff, with annual revenue of over £50 million. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
To apply to the Audit Assistant Manager role, click the ‘Apply now’ button below. If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or if you would like an informal chat about the role before applying then please contact Jim Beck, our Resourcing Manager, on James.Beck@PKF-francisclark.co.uk.