As an Audit Assistant, you will be involved in a variety of work that you just won’t find in other regional firms in the South West.
Working with our dedicated Business Services and Tax teams will enable you to build sound technical knowledge, which will help you to develop the broad knowledge that clients expect. You’ll be supported by Seniors, who have been where you are today and will project manage audit assignments on site.
Our vision is one of success for our clients, our people, our communities and our firm. For you this means working with interesting and dynamic clients and forging an exciting career at the cutting edge of the audit world.
As part of our fast-growing corporate services team, you’ll be checking the validity of clients’ financial records and working with them to improve their systems and grow their businesses. Our size and exciting client list offers lots of progression routes, so you’ll have ample opportunities to diversify or specialise in line with your own professional interests.
We are proud to have an established Learning & Development team who, alongside your managers, can provide guidance and clear career pathways; for example, our Audit Assistants are encouraged to progress to Audit Seniors.
Our friendly and supportive culture is one of our greatest strengths, and many of our senior team joined us at assistant level. You’ll be fully supported as you work towards your professional qualifications (and beyond).
What you’ll be doing day to day:
- Checking the validity of clients’ financial records and making recommendations
- Planning completing statutory audits of corporate clients, both on-site and in the office
- Taking responsibility for managing own workload and meeting deadlines.
- Real contact time with colleagues and clients
- Working as part of an audit team
- Liaising with people on the client side, including non-accounts employees
- Ensuring assurance quality and compliance with the firm’s procedures
- ACA / ACCA part qualified with relevant experience
- Statutory audit experience, gained in a public practice environment including experience of group audits and preparing consolidated financial statements
- Committed, accurate, methodical and enquiring approach to work
- Commercially astute, with keen analytical and problem-solving mind
- Organised and able to plan time efficiently to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional and discreet in demonstrating client care
- Experience in using automated audit software and computer-based accounts and tax compilation programmes
- Proficient user of MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of UK Financial Reporting Standards and International Standards on Auditing (IFRS)
- Ambitious for yourself and for your clients
- Employer pension scheme
- Travel to work loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Client and employee referral bonuses
- Give as you earn
- Employee assistance programme
- Virtual GP Second opinion medical service
- Bereavement counselling and probate helpline
- Your professional institute fees paid by the firm
- Discounted shopping portal
- Francis Clark Charitable Foundation in support of current and former employees
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have eight offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has 54 partners and over 800 members of staff, with annual revenue of over £50 million. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
To apply to the Audit Assistant role, click the ‘Apply now’ button below. If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or if you would like an informal chat about the role before applying then please contact Jim Beck, our Resourcing Manager, on James.Beck@PKF-francisclark.co.uk.
Everyone will receive a response.
PKF Francis Clark doesn’t discriminate. We’re interested in your skills, your experience, your potential, and nothing else.
We are not accepting agency introductions unless prior approval has been given in writing.