We are recruiting for a financial accountant who will be heavily involved in running the day-to-day operations of the company's global entity accounts. The role will involve ensuring their compliance with local GAAP & IFRS requirements.
This Milton Keynes based company are operating in over 42 countries with growth plans to continue their rapid expansion over the next 3-5 years. As one of the UK's fastest growing healthcare groups, they are looking for a Financial Accountant to come in and have a real impact on that growth.
- Prepare month-end reporting activities including balance sheet reconciliation and analysis
- Assist with the preparation of year-end account, activities and statutory accounts including global tax and AFS/IFRS preparation
- Assist the Financial Controller with the year-end audit process and relationship with external auditors.
- Design, implement and maintain financial global controls and risk environment by ensuring policies and procedures are being compliant across the company.
- Management of the accounting system, Chart of Accounts and cost centre structure
- Assist on ad-hoc financial projects plus involvement of group projects to manage financial impact of group-wide projects. IFRS conversion and ERP system replacement are planned for 2022 along with an expansion into new countries.
- Manage the headcount and bonus calculations for financial reporting
- Assist Financial Controller on the management of global tax and transfer pricing
The successful Financial Accountant will be:
- A qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Excellent technical accounting knowledge & skills (i.e. IFRS, GAAP, VAT/TAX)
- Experienced in ensuring financial control & helping the company drive its performance targets
- Able to demonstrate success in delivering accurate and timely outputs
- Experienced in working in multi-country and currency environment
- Proven track record of working with group and stand-alone companies as well as control environments
- Strong excel skills enabling the manipulation of data
- Experienced in IFRS conversion, system change projects, M&A activity is an advance.
- Previous industry experience (Pharmaceuticals, clinical trials, life science, etc.) is preferred but not a prerequisite
- Clear initiative & adaptability
- Committed to being part of a high performing team and helping to transform the finance function to a robust and controlled environment
- Strong attention to detail and organised approach to managing multiple deliverables and requirements
On offer for the successful Financial Accountant:
- Brilliant base salary - £50-55k dpeendent on experience (reviewed yearly)
- Bonus scheme
- Hybrid working pattern (2 days in Milton Keynes office, 3 days at home)
- 25 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays & Birthday)
- Pension scheme
- Discount platform
- 24/7 access to healthcare professionals