Financial Systems Specialist
An award-winning provider of products and services to schools and educational settings.
Your new company
An award-winning provider of products and services to schools and educational settings within and outside Hertfordshire.
Your new role
* Delivery, development and support of financial software, tools, processes and understanding to schools and academies ensuring that they have robust finance systems.
* Ensure finance systems meet statutory and Herts County Council requirements and enable financial management and budgetary control in schools and academies.
* Generate and deliver training and guidance materials to customers and the Financial Services team.
* Maintain a working knowledge of our supported systems and to maintain a strong knowledge of the work our team provides in schools.
* Keep up-to-date with school and academy finances liaising with 3rd parties as appropriate.
* Staff the helpline and support other helpline colleagues contributing to the continual development of our helpline service as an area for sharing best practice, support, training and knowledge for both external and internal customers.
* Provide complex financial accountancy and budget management service and advice to schools on a traded basis. This will include budget planning consultations, strategic forecasting, advice on financial systems and procedures, cash-flow management and compliance with financial standards.
What you'll need to succeed
Knowledge and experience of:
* Financial accounting experience (Essential)
* Knowledge of budget setting and budget monitoring (Essential)
* Accounting qualification (preferably AAT/ CCAB / CGMA) or equivalent (Essential)
* Use of different Finance software's (Essential). Systems such as RM Finance, Sims FMS, Sage, Access Finance and Budgeting is preferable.
* Utilising various training delivery methods, both face to face and remote, incorporating use of appropriate tools (Essential)
* To prepare financial information such as budget variant reports (Essential)
* Explaining complex finance information to budget holders and school senior leadership (Essential)
* Providing customer support via a helpline (Desirable)
* An understanding of School and Academy finance (Desirable)
* Developing efficient processes to deliver specified outcomes (Desirable)
Skills and Behaviours:
* Have a proactive and flexible approach in your work to develop solutions and deliver outcomes (Essential)
* Willingness to learn and keep up to date with financial guidance (Essential)
* Strong commitment to delivering an excellent customer service, with a customer focused approach and the ability to manage relationships (Essential)
* High level of organisation skills to manage workloads with the ability to plan and delegate accordingly to meet service standards and deliver to project deadlines (Essential)
* Proficient use of Microsoft Office particularly Microsoft Excel (Essential)
* Ability to work independently, remotely, and collaboratively within and across teams (Essential)
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build a rapport with key stakeholders (Essential)
* Ability to create and deliver engaging training and guidance (Desirable)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.