Hedge Accounting Manager
Hedge Accountant up to £50,000, Wolverhampton, Permanent
Your new company
This leading specialist Financial Services organisation are looking for a Hedge Accounting Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
Your new role
The key purpose of this role is to maintain the hedge accounting framework for the business, ensuring that all hedge accounting related transactions are compliant with the relevant accounting standards and are recorded correctly. The role will work in partnership with the wider finance, treasury, specialist finance and securitisation functions to support the businesses growing financial complexity and ensure that hedge accounting arrangements are fully considered ahead of deal executions.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Take a lead role in evaluating hedge accounting software/ models
- Take a lead role so that the group hedge accounting reporting is completed in a timely manner.
- Be a confident user of hedge accounting system, treasury management system and general ledger system and ensure a high quality of integrity is maintained in these systems and the underlying accounting records.
- Ensure that communication to relevant colleagues, stakeholders and trading partners of hedge accounting results is of the highest technical quality, undertaken in a professional manner and on a timely basis and able to handle confidential information with the required level of integrity and championing good practice at all times.
- Maintain the company's compliance standards and ensure timely completion of all mandatory on-line training modules and attestations.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this position you will have prior experience in Hedge Accounting processes, systems and Financial Modelling. You will be confident handling complex financial transactions, be systems savvy and confident liaising with people at all levels across the business. You do not need to be a Qualified Accountant for this position, however, experience in a similar role previously is essential.
What you'll get in return
This organisation also offers a competitive base salary of up to £50,000, along with lots of other attractive benefits, including a discretionary bonus of up to 15%. Flexible and hybrid working arrangements are also offered.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.