Financial Accountant - Law Firm
Your new company
International law firm, with lawyers operating from more than 40 locations, working in virtually every country of the world. The London Finance team is led by the EMEA Finance Director and is made up of approximately 30 team members.
Your new role
You will be assisting with the financial reporting for the UK entities and consolidations. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the preparation of statutory accounts for all UK registered entities
- Maintaining books for various UK entities in multiple currencies, including balance sheet and P&L reviews
- Dealing with external auditors' queries concerning statutory accounts and tax computations
- Preparing of schedules and dealing with queries from the tax accountants
- Assisting with VAT submissions for multiple entities
- Assisting the Senior Legal Cashier on cash management and SRA Accounts Rules
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a newly qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA). You will have knowledge of UK GAAP/ FRS102. If you have experience with relevant accounting standards for law firms (e.g. LLP SORP) that would be beneficial, but not essential. Knowledge of the Solicitor's Accounts Rules desirable but not essential. You will have experience within the legal or professional service sector. Alternatively, you will be qualified in practice and be familiar with legal & professional service clients.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will be joining a growing, established finance function for an impressive & international law firm. You will be working alongside some impressive finance leaders who will support your development. They will enable you to become a great professional, and develop a uniquely broad range of experience to draw on throughout your career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.