Year End Accounts Manager - 6 month FTC
This is a 6 month assignment starting ASAP and will be responsible for pulling together all of the information for the Year End Accounts
My client is a large complex Public Sector organisation in the Cardiff area.
The Year End Accounts Manager plays a pivotal role in the collation and production of the organisations Year End Statutory Accounts.
Year End Financial Accounting
- Co-ordination of the year end processes across the organisation including within the finance division and across the organisation more widely
- Draft the statutory Financial Statements to the agreed timetable, ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards and regulatory requirements
- Drafting of audit briefing papers and Committee papers required as part of the year end
- Key role in the annual external audit, including liaison with external auditors. This includes playing a key role in the on-boarding of new external auditors for the year ending 31 July 2022.
- Responsible for a range of year end accounting transactions, which must be undertaken in a timely manner and in accordance with relevant accounting standards.
- Keep up to date with all changes in accounting standards.
- Supporting the reconciliation of all Balance Sheet accounts at year end and ensuring suspense accounts are cleared.
- Document and maintain standard operating procedures for financial accounting and regulatory reporting activities, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations, and maintaining a cycle of review.
- Contribute to the preparation of other annual regulatory reports where possible.
- Contributing to the communication of the application of accounting standards and providing guidance and training to Finance colleagues as and when required.
- An active and supportive member of the wider Financial Reporting team of 13 staff that are responsible for management and financial accounts, to ensure that the team is fit for purpose and delivers to expected and agreed standards.
- Providing clear communication and in-depth support by building and maintaining excellent relationships with the organisation and ensuring budget holders and business partners are fully supported.
- Continually strive to improve the quality and timeliness of financial information to all stakeholders.
- Play a key role in the continued development of finance processes and policies.
- Ensure that an understanding of the importance of confidentiality is applied when undertaking all duties.
- Abide by University policies on Health and Safety and Equality and Diversity.
- Perform other duties occasionally which are not included above, but which will be consistent with the role.
Qualifications and Education
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or similar) with substantial experience in a financial accounting senior role in a large and complex organisation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Customer Service, Communication and Team Working
Planning, Analysis and Problem solving
Hybrid working - its expected that you will visit the office 2x per week, maybe more in the earlier part of the contract
6 month initial contract
Salary £43434 - £50,296 + benefits (the role is appointable at the bottom of the scale)