Senior Manager Commercial Finance
This position is a senior leader within Commercial Finance delivering against our vision to shape the business' future strategy. Based at head office in Leeds, this role reports into the Senior Director. The role has full accountability for a £1.5bn business unit and is an active member of both finance and trading leadership teams.
Our client are a leading Retail business based in Leeds.
This is a commercial and analytical role where you will require strong influencing and networking skills to work with all levels of the GM and Finance teams. It's a great opportunity for a colleague with lots of drive to develop their career in a high profile role.
- Lead the commercial finance team
- Utilise data visualisation tools to interpret trends within financial data, providing insight into weekly and monthly performance reviews
- Ownership of the financial model for the business unit strategy
- Drive delivery of the 1 year plan in partnership with the business unit Vice President & Senior Directors
- Provide guidance to help mitigate risks and capitalise on opportunities
- Monitor performance against plan/forecast/market and drive analysis to understand, evaluate, challenge and improve trading performance
- Strengthen performance management across the P&L through improved forecast accuracy & planning
- Coach and develop the team. The role has line management responsibility for 1-2 colleagues although the successful candidate will also be expected to play a broader Leadership role across the wider business and Commercial finance team.
The candidate will be expected to use their data visualisation experience, analytical skills, judgement and broader business network to understand trading performance, giving visibility of the right issues at the right time, stimulating strategic decision making, improving business performance and driving financial discipline.
- Accounting, data analysis & visualisation experience
- Confident and pro-active with the ability to challenge stakeholders
- An ability to influence at a senior level
- Highly analytical and inquisitive approach with an eye for detail
- Strong commercial awareness - ability to critically evaluate and clearly articulate commercial performance
- A positive attitude and keen to develop - motivated to get the job done and to deliver to tight timelines; actively seeking accountability and opportunity
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organisation skills to build credible relationships and influence at all levels
Our hybrid way of working gives you the choice to work where it works. This enables you to choose where you'll be the most effective. It offers a mix of working from home and in an office environment that works best for you and your team, as well as across our network of stores and depots.
You will also get an excellent benefits package including;-
- Company car or car allowance
- Discretionary company bonus
- Company pension 1.5 times colleagues contribution (Max 15%)
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.