The Senior Financial Accountant will play a key role in the finance team, responsible for effective cashflow reporting and management, including hedging, the production of our annual accounts and our tax strategy and compliance. A friendly and confident communicator is required in order to develop close working relationships across finance, the operational business and our external advisors.
A well-known British retailer in Swindon with a reputation for quality products. Acquired by one of the largest capital investment businesses in the world and are rolling out a large transformation of the business. It is a truly exciting time to join this business.
We are looking for a self-driven, conscientious and well-organised Accountant. The Senior Financial Accountant will play a key role in the finance team, responsible for effective cashflow reporting and management, including hedging, the production of our annual accounts and our tax strategy and compliance. A friendly and confident communicator is required in order to develop close working relationships across finance, the operational business and our external advisors.
- The largest part of the role is preparation of the 12 week rolling cashflow forecast, including variance analysis and commentary, which is sent to the Board weekly.
- Annual preparation of the cashflow budget.
- Managing day-to-day currency requirements ensuring sufficient hedge coverage to meet Hedging policies and managing relationships with currency providers.
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts and companies house filings for UK-based trading entity and holding company.
- Management of the statutory audit process being the key day to day point of contact for external auditors.
- Review of financial data and consolidation of overseas entities in Hong Kong, Vietnam and China. Support of relationships with overseas accountants and accounting advisors.
- Management of relationships with external tax advisors including preparation of information required for tax filings and development of tax strategy for both direct and indirect taxes.
Essential Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Minimum qualified accountant CIMA/ACA/ACCA with PQE in a similar role;
- Strong technical background, having dealt with challenging technical financial reporting and accounting issues;
- Great organisational skills, able to prioritise workload and work under pressure;
- Advanced excel and PowerPoint skills;
- Desirable but not essential - Concur, Sage and retail experience.
Essential Key Characteristics
- Self starter, confident and comfortable at problem solving, finding viable solutions and offering constructive challenge to existing process and practice;
- Hands on, able to handle large datasets and drive the detail without losing the bigger picture story;
- Highly analytical, commercially focussed, with good attention to detail;
- Comfortable with change, ambiguity, and able to prioritise conflicting and competing demands in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong teamworking ethic, an advocate for working collaboratively across the team and business.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to build successful relationships with others through demonstration of emotional intelligence.
- Adopts a growth mindset to improve own skills by continually looking for personal development opportunities and keeping abreast of latest best practice.
- Excellent written and verbal communication including strong presentation skills.
Travel requirement - Hybrid working pattern available with 3 days a week in the Swindon office.
Working hours - Basic 40 hours per week however flexibility required according to business demands.
Salary - £50,000 - £60,000