An exciting opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic Finance Manager to help drive change in a growing Finance team in Bristol.
An Australian owned, leading global live entertainment, ticketing, and technology business, based in Central Bristol. Post-COVID, going through growth and looking to increase their finance team to drive change and improvements across the business.
Reporting to the Finance Director the successful candidate will be a pivotal role in managing the operational finance team with 2-3 direct reports. The role requires someone who is adaptable and highly organised with a "can-do" attitude and the ability to work well under pressure whilst leading a team. Responsibilities include:
- Manage all aspects of the day-to-day finance operation including financial processing, month end close and balance sheet control:
- Oversight of the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions to ensure process efficiency and timely settlement / reconciliation of cashflows
- Manage the UK's VAT, Payroll, PAYE, pensions arrangements ensuring accuracy and completeness of reconciliations and submissions
- Partner with the Australia head office, manage the UK employee expenses and company credit card processes ensuring adherence to company policy at all times
- Month end journals and nominal ledger entry together with upkeep of fixed asset register
- Work with the broader finance team to identify and deliver process improvements within the operational finance function, implementing best practice wherever possible
- Ensure a robust internal control framework is in place to manage risk, and that effective reporting exists to monitor compliance and escalation as required
- Lead the cash flow forecasting process, partnering with finance stakeholders and the wider business to improve visibility, accuracy and management of cash and intercompany funding positions
- Liaise with external accountants and auditors to support completion of statutory accounts
- Work alongside the Finance Director to manage bank relationships and identify opportunities to streamline daily cash positioning and drive savings through transactional processing wherever possible
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with the wider business and the broader finance team
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with post qualified experience within operational finance, and a solid understanding of how an effective finance function should operate. Key skills and attributes include:
- Inquisitive and enjoys driving change, not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Experience of using Finance packages and Excel, good numeracy skills and excellent attention to detail
- Effective communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships across the business
- Able to deal with ambiguity, identify resources to implement and determine pragmatic solutions
- Operational management, support and mentoring of a member of the team, including prioritising work and managing issues, ensuring all stakeholders are informed
- Experience working at a strategic and operational level
This role will present the right candidate with the opportunity to progress into a variety of finance careers across all areas of the business from transactional to accounting and/or management, as well as corporate finance.
It is also a great opportunity to establish and develop the skills required to further a career in finance as well as a great platform for learning about the touring industry.
This role will be based from our brand new, fully serviced, dog friendly Bristol offices with some working from home. (minimum 3 days in the office)