Fast-growth team: Valuations Manager
Excitingly developmental time both in this team and wider firm. If you like being inspired, read on! >>
Your new company
A Grade A firm with an international affiliation, this client has grown before, during and post pandemic - all credit to them that they never stopped hiring even in 2020. With a large Advisory function and comparatively low ratio of audit/tax clients (giving them in turn very few conflicts) the Valuations team has been given copious investment for further growth, and is now headed by one of the most inspiring Partners in the industry. The firm has become a natural home for many Big 4 professionals who seeks a faster pace, enhanced investment and a genuine seat at the strategic table.
The Valuations function has always offered a broad range of Valuations products, but a key part of their current strategy is extending into:
- International Markets
- Complex Products
- Depth in TMT and Consumer Products
Deals are getting more complex - carve-outs, multiple jurisdictions etc - and the precedent and aim is to develop products that work with that.
Your new role
See above, but overall you will be developed on a fast-track basis. Crucially, you do not have to specialise in an industry vertical. But the team can offer both specialist and broader-ranging mandates, to suit all tastes.
It's one of the most developmental and collaborative teams we've seen in the market-place: for example there's a weekly knowledge-sharing morning meeting on a specific Valuations topic, chosen by different team members each week.
What you'll need to succeed
Above all - a genuine passion for your field!
Significant experience of business valuations gained within a leading advisory firm with international coverage and clients.
- Extensive experience of valuation methodologies and modelling and first ‐ class valuation
technical skills. History of providing these in a range of sectors and for a number of uses, including for accounting and commercial purposes such as share options, derivatives and growth shares.
- Up ‐ to ‐ date working knowledge of key valuation methodologies and best practice modelling.
- Experience of managing a team of junior valuers.
- Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills - in the creation of our valuation models and in preparing
relevant reports, a high competency in these formats is vital to provide a robust and creative output.
- An ability to generate contacts within the industry and a willingness to develop such
- Fluency in business English - both written and oral.
What you'll get in return
- Fast-track development - likely promotion within your first year of joining
- Partner mentors who genuinely want you to succeed
- One of the largest firms in the UK
- Good bonus levels
- Be part of the journey refining and developing new products
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.