Forensic/ Valuations: Manager. Challenger firm.
Be part of this disruptor/challenger firm to the Forensic market. Excellent ED&I and CSR.
Your new company
Undoubtedly already a challenger firm in the Forensic market, our client is a global leader in Expert services, engaged to give independent advice and expert witness/testimony to corporates, the public sector, law firms, financial services and government agencies, Already a world leader in damages, quantum, delay and engineering, the firm are building out their Forensic offering globally, having made strategic hires to lead this business, and are now looking to add to the London-based European team.
The firm has a competitively strong matrix of skills specialisms and deep, sector-specific industry expertise.
It also has a fully integrated, top-down investment in ED&I and we can speak from experience seeing its CSR policies in action too, even at new-joiner stage. A firm for the whole person, not just the professional.
Your new role
SMC equates to Manager level in another firm, so next level up is AD/Senior Manager.
This is the ideal opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a fast-growth Forensic presence, underpinned by a long-established reputation in quantum. Projects are of the size that would typically compete with the Big 4 and other major firms. In a growing team you have more direct access to seasoned Partner mentors , so there is no better way to convert your skills to this 21st century field.
You'll manage (whole cases or workstreams on larger cases) a really diverse range of work, including:
- Valuations & Contentious Valuations
- Economic Damages
- Loss of Profits
- Business Interruption
- Transaction and shareholder disputes
- Government/treaty disputes
- Fraud Investigations
- Regulatory Investigations
and much more.
Additionally you'd be:
- Drafting sections of expert reports.
- Managing some interactions with clients.
- Participating in BD activities eg attending networking events.
- Training and developing colleagues.
What you'll need to succeed
- Ideally your degree will be in a quantitative subject like accounting, finance, economics, or business/management.
- Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 4 years PQE in Forensic Disputes/Litigation or Contentious Valuations
- A strategic thinker, comfortable working through ambiguity.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Any second languages skills are a bonus (this firm does a lot of cross-border work)
- A "people person" who genuinely enjoys team culture
What you'll get in return
- A rare opportunity to be part of a recently-established Forensic function already making significant impact on the London and global market
- Working with highly regarded Experts both in the UK and APAC
- A firm which prioritises personal and professional development (there is even an annual bursary towards this)
- A bonus scheme which can reward anywhere between 10% and 40% dependent on contribution
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.