Valuations Manager>>Associate Director: new service line
Rare opening to get in at inception of a Valuations offering, in a large UK Advisory firm. Big firm Partner.
Your new company
One of the major success stories of the last decade in the Corporate and Business Advisory field, our client has proven time and again that they can take market share from considerably larger firms. In turn many big firm partners have joined them over the years and the latest to do so is a successful Valuations head from a large international consultancy. This head built out the Valuations service-line at their previous firm , taking it to 35 people across EMEA, and has now joined our client with a similar mission.
Looking to start with 2 key hires, it is anticipated that Valuations could be 15-20 people in the UK in the next 4-5 years. The firm already operates within Corporate Finance, Forensic Accounting, Restructuring and other related disciplines.
Your new role
Crucially, strategy will not be set until you join. That's because the firm want to heavily involve the first two hires in contributing to the strategic plan for the service-line, so you get to help shape its future right from the start.
An indication of range of mandates though could look something like this, given current market demand and factors:
- Circa 25% Restructuring related
- Investment banks, law firms and conflicted IP's
- Portfolio valuation for funds
- Financial reporting valuations
- Fairness opinions
- Advising/independent valuations for transactions
They are anticipating typically 70% chargeability so plenty of scope to develop your own market. And that could be vertically within a particular industry, or within type of mandate (eg intangibles, goodwill etc)
Workflow already happening and being serviced by the corporate finance and forensic teams, but dedicated hires are now being proactively sought.
To my mind there is no better way to both see and learn how a practice is built - you literally can't put a value on that experience, and its bankability in the future.
What you'll need to succeed
- ACA/ACCA/CFA or equivalent accountancy qualification
- Valuations experience ranging from experienced AM (they'll make you a Manager) through to Senior Manager/AD (Director possibly in scope.)
- Genuine enthusiasm for your field - the desire to build as well as deliver
- Backgrounds likely to be from Professional Services, Consultancy, Forensics with a valuations focus, internal valuations at Funds, Business Modelling and potentially Equity Analysis.
What you'll get in return
- Gilt-edged exposure to a new service-line headed by a well-regarded, successful Partner
- The ability to shape and scope its strategy and future
- Working directly with the expert/s - no unnecessary hierarchy or layers
- A bonus pool drawn purely from high-margin Advisory service-lines and undiluted by assurance/compliance offerings
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me now to discuss how this firm can boost your Valuations career.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.