Senior Accountant - Established General Practice Accountancy Firm based in the City of London
Your new company
A well regarded, established accountancy firm based in Central London are looking to hire a Qualified Senior Accountant to join the firms' expanding team. The firm is a part of an award winning Accounting and Business Advisory practice which operates across the UK, Europe and the USA. The firm has experienced significant growth over the last few years and are continuing to build and develop all service lines.
Your new role
In your new role as a Senior Accountant you'll provide accounting and tax support to a portfolio of clients from a variety of industries and sectors. You'll liaise directly with clients to ensure all enquiries and queries are addressed effectively.
As a Senior Accountant you will:
- Prepare statutory accounts in accordance with a range of accounting frameworks such as, FRS 102 and IFRS.
- Prepare sole trader and partnership accounts
- Review management accounts prepared by junior members of staff
- Prepare and review corporation tax returns
- Review and submit VAT returns
- Liaise directly with internal and external stakeholders
- Operating as a point of contract for client queries
- Supervising juniors members of the team ensuring work is completed within budget and accurately.
- Assist the management team in the development of staff through on the job training and coaching
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this position as a Senior Accountant you will be a ACA or ACCA finalist or qualified accountant with experience working within an accountancy firm. You will have the experience and confidence to speak directly to clients and navigate them through the entire statutory process.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a great opportunity to join a growing and developing general practice accountancy firm which will allow you to liaise directly with clients and progress your career. You'll be given the opportunity to utilise the firms Learning & Development programmes to not only achieve your professional goals but also your personal goals.
You'll receive a market rate salary along with benefits which include:
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Flexible working arrangements which includes flexi hours and hybrid working
- Employee benefits dashboard which includes vouchers and cashback
- Enhanced parental and family leave
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.