Tax Partner Designate
£100k+ Mixed Tax Partner Designate in North West London Must be CTA qualified
Your new company
Due to an increase of work a number of new positions have arisen with the firm and would like a like-minded, hard-working individual to join the team.
Your new role
Joining this firm as a Tax Partner Designate you will bring a career strength and background as an all-round tax adviser to sole traders, partnerships and a mix of limited company OMBs, groups, subsidiaries, charities, not for profit and other clients. You will manage a sizable fee base of clients, in a client facing advisory capacity and all-round advisor, looking to develop relationships with the clients and drive the growth of this office for the future in a business development focused capacity.
You will look to advise clients on tax, business planning, profitability maximisation, succession, share options, etc as a trusted go to advisor. You will manage the wider team and oversee the delivery of compliance and advisory projects, working with the wider management and support team on this. The office has huge potential for further growth and expansion, and you will play a lead role in the future development and direction of this already successful firm of accountants.
Responsibilities of a Tax Partner Designate will encompass wide ranging duties supporting the team which will include the following
- Managing your own client portfolio
- Preparation of tax returns and tax repayment claims and related paperwork
- Dealing with HMRC matters on behalf of the client
- Helping to manage the departments self-assessment compliance cycle
- Reviewing tax compliance work produced by more junior members of the team and identify tax planning opportunities, concerns and areas requiring further consideration
- Dealing with complex tax and tax planning issues for the firm's clients
- Provide clients with information on tax liabilities
- Responsible for billing clients accordingly
- Assisting Partners with tax advisory work
- Liaising with many clients over different sectors from Not For Profit to Large Corporate to one man bands and everything in-between and the ability to adjust to these environments is essential
- Providing tax support on, with a view to managing, advisory projects
- Capital allowances
- Adhoc other
- Experience managing client expectations, workload and anything additional that may be required of you
- Must have previous experience working in a Chartered Practice
- CTA Qualification is essential
- Experience dealing with technical tax related issues
- Self-assessment and corporation tax experience is essential
- Must have the proven ability to deal and manage complex tax situations
The ideal candidate:
- Qualified ATT/ACA/CTA or similar
- Knowledge and experience or UK GAAP and International Auditing Standards (UK & Ireland)
- Capability to supervise, lead and inspire team members
- Results driven, with excellent planning and organisational skills
- Exceptional analytical ability and experienced at making recommendations
- Proven ability to handle complex tax issues
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.