Interim Project Accountant
Interim Project Accountant opportunity available. Public Sector Organisation based in Manchester.
The client is a large Public sector organisation in the Manchester area. A highly regarded and rewarding organisation with an extremely exciting opportunity to join the team as an Interim Project Accountant. The client will offer hybrid working and a salary up to £53,219 equivalent to a daily rate.
The responsibilities of an Interim Project Accountant include but are not limited to being responsible for the finance support to a major IT project, this will involve working closely with both finance colleagues and those on the project and at varying levels of seniority, produce the month end financial results and monitor against forecast and budget, produce the required financial reports on a monthly and quarterly basis, including the writing of narrative to support the financial position, maintain key financial models to support the financial monitoring of the project. This will include the development of existing and new models, work closely with the capital accounts team to analyse the allocation of expenditure between capital and revenue costs, producing the monthly forecasts through close working with the project team, and ad hoc financial analysis.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a fully qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA or CIPFA) ESSENTIAL
- Have previous experience in a project accountant role ESSENTIAL
- Precious experience with Oracle ESSENTIAL
- Advanced excel skills ESSENTIAL
- Excellent time and project management skills ESSENTIAL
- Be immediately available or on a weeks notice period ESSENTIAL
- Have worked in a Public Sector organisation previously DESIRABLE
£47,126 - £53,219 annual salary equivalent on a daily rate + Interim Project Accountant opportunity + Manchester based + weekly pay + hybrid working + Immediate start