Interim Commercial Finance Manager
6 days left
- Full Time
As the Commercial Finance Manager you will look after all areas of financial management, including costing, capital and final accounts preparation of budgets, the maintenance of the budgetary control process and budgetary reporting, providing advice to various levels of management throughout the designated areas of responsibility, ensuing financial control and the achievement of financial targets.
Our client is a fantastic organisation supporting the NHS with a key part of their business.
- Deliver financial statements and reporting to Operations Director in line with monthly timetable
- Support the finance team with all financial control processes. Process accounts payable and accounts receivable invoices as appropriate. Resolve all account queries within a reasonable time frame liaising directly with relevant suppliers.
- Maintain robust documented month end processes to provide organisation management with accurate financial statements and management information. Liaise with the parent organisation to ensure appropriate monthly finance information is received for group consolidation with the tight monthly timetable.
- Directly support organisational management in developing annual budgets, discussing the current and future financial needs, plans and forecasts. Liaise with the parent organisation to ensure these fit within the wider plans.
- Track compliance to the financial processes
- Ensure there is a robust stock management process in place to record and maintain stock records. Lead on the annual stock take ensuring proper documentation is produced.
- Support the finance team with the annual statutory accounting process and the external audit process.
- Further development and provide sound costing information to the organisation management.
- Directly support organisational management in the formulation and evaluation of robust, sensitive and/or complex revenue business cases for new service opportunities and income generation schemes for consideration by the Board.
- To be responsible for the line management of the nominated finance assistants , providing advice and mentor ship, managing performance issues effectively and constructively, ensuring that standards of best practice are understood and applied, and by developing initiatives aimed at improving the level of support for staff by developing and encouraging a culture of responsibility for personal development which ensures that all the requirements necessary for personal and professional skills are met and maintained and that effective and consistent working systems are in place to achieve the efficient and effective running of the team, in line with current policies, procedures and protocols.
- Qualified or Qualified by experience
- Good commercial skills
- Good understanding of governance
- Strong relationship building skills
An opportunity to work for a business that is making a genuine difference which will give great job satisfaction. Alongside an excellent benefits package.