Audit Manager/Head of Internal Audit - Build a new audit team
The role is newly created and will involve the establishment of a risk management and internal audit function. The role will involve leading and performing independent reviews of the efficiency and effectiveness of risk management and controls across the Company, to report areas of deficiency, support delivery of the internal audit plan and make recommendations to improve the Company's internal risk management and control environment.
Our client is a leading national healthcare staffing and complex care provider. They have certainly come a long way since their launch 25 years ago, growing to 37 branches and now employing 10,000 highly skilled healthcare staff.
Our client have big ambitions and are not afraid to push boundaries. Embracing innovation and making sure they evolve faster than the world around us.
The key responsibilities for this Head of Internal Audit, which could be based in Bristol, Taunton or Exeter are:
The role is a newly created one and will involve the establishment of a risk management and internal audit function. The role will involve leading and performing independent reviews of the efficiency and effectiveness of risk management and controls across the Company, to report areas of deficiency, support delivery of the internal audit plan and make recommendations to improve the Company's internal risk management and control environment.
- Creating an annual plan for internal audits each year including follow-up of previous internal audit recommendations
- Determining and agreeing the objectives and scope of each internal audit in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
- Carrying out audit engagements in accordance with the internal audit plan and the internal audit methodology.
- Preparing and completing planning documentation, including scope and Risk & Controls Matrix for internal audit reviews and identifying key risks and controls.
- Conducting risk assessments for engagements and reviewing and assessing the suitability of internal control design.
- Completing audit reviews of company processes and functions and reviewing and assessing the operating effectiveness of key controls, including designing and conducting audit testing of the specified area and identifying reportable issues and dimensions of risk.
- Liaising with stakeholders at all stages of the internal audit process and raising observations on a "no surprises" basis.
- Participating in closing internal audit meetings to discuss findings and agreeing appropriate management action to reduce exposure to risks identified.
- Ensure potentially contentious issues are promptly identified and discussed.
- Conduct follow-up audits to check that agreed remedial plan has been implemented
- Evaluate and assess significant new or changing services, processes, operations and control processes during their development and/or implementation
- Build and maintain a group risk management process to effectively identify emerging risks, provide accurate risk assessments, gap analysis and implement cost-efficient counter measures
Our new Head of Internal Audit and Risk Management will have/be:
- Qualified internal auditor (PIIA or MIIA) or qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA)
- Demonstrable experience in internal audit. You will have a solid knowledge and understanding of risk based Internal Auditing standards and techniques as well as general accounting methods, principles and practices. Experience of computer systems audit work is highly desirable.
- You are happy to form a key part of an effective team whilst delivering results independently in accordance with agreed deadlines.
- You are results-oriented, able to thrive under a high pressured environment, motivated to meet goals and ensure high quality in every aspect of your IA work.
Highly competitive base salary
Up to 30 days Annual Leave (excluding BH)
Access to Medicash for healthcare and mental health support
Access to Perks at Work for deals and discounts on your favourite brands