Assistant Director - Financial Strategy
6 days left
- Full Time
Assistant Director - Financial Strategy for a large public sector organisation. Fully remote
Assistant Director, Financial Strategy - Remote Working Available
6 months senior interim assignment
£700-850 p.day Umbrella Pay type
LEAD & DEVELOP FINANCIAL STRATEGY FOR A LARGE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ORGANISATION
Vibrant, courageous, and resilient - that's how this organisation describe themselves. Unparalleled investment, and other landmark projects, has the potential to reshape our economy. Our scale, profile and annual spend of £3 billion makes this a unique opportunity for you to make a positive difference. Their transformation plans are becoming a reality. With a new interim Chief Executive and ambitious leadership team, their organisation is already on the way to being brilliant.
The role You will be an integral part of our finance leadership team, directing your talent and expertise to delivering our bold ambition. Your contribution will have helped us deliver a modern, agile, innovative and proactive finance service. Success means a diverse and inclusive finance service that is truly at the heart of Council strategy, decision making and performance. We will have embraced data and insight to bring clarity to our understanding of the future.
Our Assistant Director, Financial Strategy provides the strategic leadership and direction for Corporate Finance and shaping a future of excellence for our Financial Strategy & Planning (Revenue and Capital), Treasury and Investment and External Reporting teams. Working closely with the Assistant Director, Financial Performance & Insight and effectively discharging the role of Assistant Deputy Section 151 Officer, you will:
- Lead on the delivery of short, medium and long-term financial plans, budgets and forecasts
- Ensure the integrity and financial stewardship of how the City Council's finances are governed and managed
- Provide leadership for final accounts and external reporting, including managing the relationship with our auditors
- Play an integral role in the setting of the Council's strategies and policies relating to treasury management, taxation and insurance, as well as setting the framework for capital planning
What you will need to succeed
- Qualified accountant
- Strong financial strategy experience in terms of looking at all financial scenarios and ensure long term financial viability and success
- Ideally have experience of working in local government organisations but at scale and size
If you are interested please apply on line or give me a call for a confidential chat
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.