Business Services Manager
Brilliant Business Services Manager position at a Top 20 Practice Firm. Genuine prospects for long-term career progression & development opportunities.
Michael Page is partnering with a leading Top 20 practice, who are looking to recruit an ambitious Business Services Manager to join as a pivotal hire into their growing Accounts team. The firm has grown organically and sustained positive growth over the last year and looking to complement their growth with a new Accounts professional. The firm's clients range in size; from small sole traders to large businesses with multi-million-pound turnover. The successful individual will carve an influential role; playing a major part in the future development of the firm, whilst joining a team where every staff member has an opportunity to make a real difference. The firm encourages and fosters an ethos of quality service across the entire business, where individuals are developed to achieve their potential and career goals.
The key responsibilities for this Business Services Manager position at a leading accountancy firm based in Newport are:
- Managing a client portfolio of 100 limited companies, turnover from £20,000 up to £8 million;
- Overseeing all aspects of client service delivery, including preparation of year-end accounts, management accounts, and value-added services assignments;
- Liaising with clients on accounts and tax issues as required;
- Acting as the main point of contact within the firm for clients, keeping them informed on the progress in relation to all aspects of service delivery and maintaining regular contact with them;
- Reviewing work completed by junior team members and resolving all issues prior to Partner review;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing clients;
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments within time constraints and set deadlines;
- Reporting directly to a Partner;
- Working and liaising with other members in the Business Services team and colleagues in other departments as necessary to provide high-quality client service;
- Developing, retaining, and motivating junior members of staff and assisting in the management of the overall Business Services team on a day-to-day basis; and
- Knowledgeable of the firm's services and able to cross-sell those services into the client base.
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Business Services Manager role at a leading accountancy firm in Newport, you must be:
- ACCA/ACA qualified or equivalent with at least 1 year of post-qualification experience;
- Have proven experience of working in a practice environment;
- Experience in managing a client portfolio;
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships;
- Have a proactive approach to problem-solving and delivering client solutions;
- Be a motivated individual and able to work alone or as part of a team;
- The ability to take responsibility and use your own initiative to resolve problems and issues;
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels;
- Strong organisation and planning skills and attention to detail;
- The ability to positively embrace changes and new challenges;
- Ideally experience of using cloud-based accounting software packages, such as Sage, Xero, Receipt Bank, Auto Entry etc;
- Experience of CCH products desirable but not essential; and
- Hold a full and clean driving licence.
Competitive salary of up to £45,000 (dependent on experience);
Pension and holidays - a wide range of benefits;
Superb career opportunities supported with personal and technical advancement; and
An opportunity to become an equity partner with a stake in the business for the right candidate.