An Associate Director to join one of the most reputable and acquisitive firms in South Wales. Exciting opportunity to develop and progress in a collaborative environment.
A leading accountancy practice based in Cardiff, undergoing continued and sustained positive expansion and growth. The firm and role provide genuine prospects for long-term career progression, development and Equity Partner opportunities.
The key responsibilities for this Associate Director position at an independent accountancy firm based in Cardiff are:
- Managing and growing a varied portfolio worth c. £250,000
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing clients
- Advising on an array of practice queries when necessary
- Act as the main point of contact within the firm for clients, keeping them informed of progress in relation to all aspects of service delivery and maintaining regular contact with them;
- Review work completed by junior team members and resolving all issues prior to Partner review;
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments within time constraints and set deadlines;
- Reporting directly to a Partner;
- Working and liaising with other members in the Business Services team and colleagues in other departments as necessary to provide high quality client service;
- Develop, retain and motivate junior members of staff and assist in the management of the overall Business Services team on a day-to-day basis; and
- Knowledgeable of the firm's services and able to cross-sell those services into the client base.
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Associate Director role at an independent accountancy firm in Cardiff, you must be:
- ACCA/ACA qualified or equivalent with at least 5 years of post-qualification experience;
- Have proven experience of working in a practice environment;
- Experience in managing a client portfolio;
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships;
- Have a proactive approach to problem-solving and delivering client solutions;
- Be a motivated individual and able to work alone or as part of a team;
- The ability to take responsibility and use own initiative to resolve problems and issues;
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels;
- Strong organisation and planning skills and attention to detail;
- The ability to positively embrace changes and new challenges;
- Experience of using cloud-based accounting software packages, such as Sage, Xero, Receipt Bank, Auto Entry etc;
- Experience of CCH products desirable but not essential; and
- Hold a full and clean driving licence.
Salary up to £70,000 (dependent on experience), bonus, pension, and holidays - a wide range of benefits; superb career opportunities supported with personal and technical advancement; and an opportunity to become an Equity Partner with a stake in the business for the right candidate.