More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
NEW GROUND WON’T BREAK ITSELF.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals.
The Advisory team is based across Oxford, Reading and Southampton. Whilst we can be flexible on location, our strong preference if for this role to be Reading based, so that the successful candidate can get the right level of face-to-face support and coaching from the wider team. This is where the largest proportion of the team are based.
We’re happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we’ll support you to balance your work and life.
A look into the role
As an Assistant Manager within our Corporate Finance Advisory team you will:
- Work on the full client project lifecycle, from pitch to completion you will be a key member of this team.
- The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards and quality we expect from our people.
- Be a part of a dynamic Corporate Finance team, and work with a variety of clients across a range of industries.
- We will empower you to act as a trusted business advisor to our clients. We need you to always strive to build and maintain good working relationships with all colleagues and clients
- Have the opportunity to take on wider department responsibilities, such as pitching for new work, recruitment or people management.
- You will have opportunities to develop yourself and others, driving your own development with the support of your people manager.
Knowing you’re right for us
Joining us as an Assistant Manager, the minimum criteria you’ll need is to have:
- Professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, ICAS, CA (or CIPFA or CFA qualified) with post qualified experience
- Experience gained within a professional services environment or relevant advisory firm.
It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don’t worry if you don’t tick every box, we’ll help you develop along the way.
- Proven experience of leading client engagements and strong relationship management skills.
Knowing we’re right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you’re with outside of work matter, that’s why we’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It’s how it should be.