Assistant Manager / Manager, Corporate Finance Debt Advisory (Happy to talk flexible working)
More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
NEW GROUND WON’T BREAK ITSELF.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals.
The Debt Advisory team is an integral part of Grant Thornton’s Corporate Finance Advisory business, providing independent advice and execution to private companies and Private Equity Sponsors across the rage of debt markets.
The role is within Grant Thornton’s Corporate Finance Debt Advisory team, which is part of Corporate Finance Advisory within Grant Thornton’s Deals and Business Consulting service line. The Debt Advisory team is involved in complex mid-market and lower-mid market transactions, raising capital for borrowers across all sectors of the market, in the UK and overseas, and from banks and alternative lenders. The team operates across the national footprint and consists of range of experienced members that will support your growth within the firm.
Your role within this exciting and growing team will be that of a core team member supporting in all aspects of the client experience, from business development, pitching and winning work, to working on all aspects of the end to end financing process and assisting clients in achieving their funding objectives. Our engagements span all sectors and the range of Debt Advisory mandates from advising on optimal capital structures, buy and sell side projects, growth capital, refinancings and restructuring of existing debt facilities.
We’re happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we’ll support you to balance your work and life.
A look into the role
As an Assistant Manager or Manager within the Corporate Finance Debt Advisory team, you will:
- Work on a broad range of debt advisory projects and have regular interaction with Private Equity Sponsors, companies, banks, advisors and other service lines within Grant Thornton.
- Act as a trusted business advisor to our clients. We need you to always strive to build and maintain good working relationships with all colleagues and clients.
- Assist with day-to-day project management, including the preparation of project materials, financial analysis and client and lender communication.
- Undertake financial modelling, including analysis of business forecasts, evaluation of scenarios, comparison of proposed debt terms and structures and covenant calculations.
- Complete research to support business development, deal origination and project specific analysis.
- Contribute to business development activities.
Knowing you’re right for us
Joining us as an Assistant Manager / Manager, the minimum criteria you’ll need is to have:
- Professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, ICAS, CA (or CIPFA or CFA qualified) with post qualified experience.
- Experience gained within a professional services environment, relevant Advisory firm, or a lender.
It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don’t worry if you don’t tick every box, we’ll help you develop along the way.
- Proven experience of managing client engagements and strong relationship management skills
- Leveraged finance background is helpful, but not a requirement.
- 2:1 degree (or equivalent)
Knowing we’re right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you’re with outside of work matter, that’s why we’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It’s how it should be.
More searches like this
- Accounting Banking, finance and investment jobs in United Kingdom
- Chartered accountant Banking, finance and investment jobs in United Kingdom
- Corporate finance Banking, finance and investment jobs in United Kingdom
- Management consulting Banking, finance and investment jobs in United Kingdom
- Qualified accountant Banking, finance and investment jobs in United Kingdom