PSA Assistant Manager - Financial Modelling and Analytics (happy to talk flexible working)
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
NEW GROUND WON’T BREAK ITSELF.
Locations: This position can be based in London / Glasgow / Edinburgh.
In Public Services Advisory, we work on some of the UK's largest and most high-profile public-sector clients, infrastructure projects and public policy programmes. At their core these assignments are focused on creating value across the whole of the UK (and internationally) providing interventions that deliver economic and social benefits for current and future generations.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals. Our purpose is to make a difference by working hand in hand with our public and private sector clients on significant public sector projects and issues. We are a team that has public service at its heart. The team works both virtually and from six Grant Thornton offices - London, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester and Leeds. The team is made up of the advisers and consultants in the following sectors and disciplines:
- Net zero
- Real Estate and Assets
- Financial modelling and analytics
Financial modelling and analytics: Financial models, and increasingly data analytics, underpin almost all business decisions and investment decisions. Our team has helped clients deliver infrastructure and improve services across the UK and internationally. We are growing and investing in our team to support clients through this evolving modelling and data landscape, with a clear focus on quality and best practice modelling techniques, such as the FAST modelling standard and recognised data design methodologies such as Star / Snowflake Schemas.
We work with public and private sector clients helping them to make informed decisions with confidence through financial modelling and data analytics support. We build, review and amend models across a diverse range of sectors and clients in Microsoft Excel, as well as platforms such as Alteryx, Power BI and Tableau. We work closely with the sector teams in Public Services Advisory to build and review models across sectors such as transport, real estate, healthcare, renewables, energy and regulated industries. We work as part of Grant Thornton’s wider modelling community, sharing knowledge and best practice with other modelling experts.
We’re happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we’ll support you to balance your work and life.
A look into the role
As an Assistant Manager within our Financial Modelling and Analytics in Public Services Advisory, you will:
- Provide high quality modelling support, in terms of designing, building or reviewing models, to both internal and external clients, across a range of sectors
- Learn and apply financial modelling and data analytical skills to provide valuable tools and insights to clients.
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills and contributes to the delivery of major end-to-end client projects to quality, timeliness and financial targets and oversee smaller projects
- Produce project documentation and client reports ensuring that these are high quality, professionally presented reports, with input from managers and associate directors
- Develop an understanding of client needs and ensures an excellent standard of support is provided to clients
- Assists the management team with for proposal development and delivery and seeks to participate in business development activities and contributes to sales pitches, for own team as well as the wider firm where necessary
- Begin to develop and build a network in your sector/ discipline and across Grant Thornton, in particular with our public sector audit colleagues to identify commercial opportunities
- Maintain assignment files and identifies key issues early to discuss with manager
- Ensure bills are raised and costs are collected on a timely basis as well as contributing to increasing the team’s margin
- Mentor associates giving regular feedback and development opportunities
- Demonstrates a clear appetite for self-development through the performance review and personal development plan process, taking responsibility for developing own technical and personal skills
Knowing you’re right for us
Joining us as an Assistant Manager, the minimum criteria you’ll need is to have:
- Excellent analytical and communication skills and be able to articulate clearly, confidently and professionally to others internally and with clients
- Worked within or consulted into the public sector, or have a desire to work with the public sector
- Experience providing advice or analysis to internal or external clients
- Good verbal and written communication
- A clear appetite for self-development demonstrated through the performance review and PDP processes
- Logical problem solver with the ability to create and review spread sheets (using Microsoft Excel)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in a numerate degree
- Additionally a defined specialism in a relevant target sector, and expertise in data analytics (including Power BI, SQL, Alteryx, Tableau), is desirable
It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don’t worry if you don’t tick every box, we’ll help you develop along the way.
- Good inter-personal skills with the ability to engage with senior staff and clinicians on specialist subject matter
- Experience of working on relevant infrastructure projects and public policy programmes
- A professional qualification (e.g. ACA, CIPFA, CIMA, CFA, Prince2) is desirable
- Self-motivated individual with evidence of innovation and initiative
- Team player and confident in working on a number of projects in parallel
Knowing we’re right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you’re with outside of work matter, that’s why we’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It’s how it should be.
More searches like this
- Accounting Public sector and government jobs in United Kingdom
- Analyst Public sector and government jobs in United Kingdom
- Chartered accountant Public sector and government jobs in United Kingdom
- Executive Public sector and government jobs in United Kingdom
- Qualified accountant Public sector and government jobs in United Kingdom