Finance Business Partner
This exciting opportunity has been created to support 2 specific teams and to optimise their ability to deliver quality and timely output to key stakeholders - both internal and external.
The role will report into and support the Finance Manager.
Large logistics business based in the West Midlands.
* Ownership of P&L, balance sheets and cashflow, including regular reporting, reforecasting and variance analysis.
* Focus on business partnering a number of stakeholders in a fast-paced environment and maintaining high quality reporting.
* Having a forward looking approach and able to deliver on cost, service and environmental enhancements.
* 1 direct report (Finance PQ).
* The ability to take on work from the Finance Manager.
* Maintaining reporting and insight into all areas of the teams cost base.
* Reacting to and managing any risks or opportunities that arise.
* Presenting at monthly review meetings.
* Finance lead for large projects .
* Ensure Project processes and governance are operated at all times including; approved budgets are in place before set up begins, regular tracking of rolling forecasts, reporting and business partnering Project Managers.
- Qualified accountant (minimum 2 years), able to translate strong technical expertise into practical application, and operational activity into financial impact.
- Strong commercial and operational experience with a proven background of delivery.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to engage with colleagues in a way that gains their buy-in.
- Good communicator- keeping key stakeholders informed as needed with credible support.
- Can openly challenge peers with a view to driving both short term and long term benefits to the bottom line, at the same time identifying and mitigating risks where possible.
- Good Excel and/or Google sheets skills
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Experience of accountancy software - ideally SAP although not essential.
Competitive package and benefits
Excellent career progression.