Finance Business Partner
To support the UK Financial Controller in providing accurate, timely and insightful financial information and take responsibility for the financial reporting of specific business area(s). The successful candidate will partner with business areas and provide a link to Finance.
My client are a huge, multinational business worth over £55billion. They provide crucial services across the globe and are in search of a new member to add to their team.
- Partnering with Operations and Sales to provide a link between Finance and the operating functions.
- Providing the Senior Controller (UK FC) with a strong insight into the trading performance of the Site.
- Driving commercial and financial awareness across the designated Sites and offering financial insight into commercial arrangements.
- Monitoring Site performance against targets, understanding and reporting variances, identifying risks and opportunities.
- Developing KPI measures to support enhanced financial awareness and accountability at a Site level.
- Identifying areas for improvement across the function and Site. Collaborating with other Business Area Controllers (Finance Business Partners) to share knowledge and improvement measures.
- Holding responsibility for Site ledgers and maintaining standard costs.
Additional responsibilities at month and year end include:
- Preparing management accounts and reporting for designated Site(s)
- Inputting into results consolidation and Group reporting preparation
- Preparing the Budget for the designated Site(s) according to the Group timetable
- Supporting the annual audit process
- Ad hoc projects, including the development of a new ERP system
- Fully Qualified Accountant with a recognised Accountancy body (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Work experience preferably in an industry sector linked to manufacturing or the construction supply chain.
- IT literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office and finance processing systems. Experience with Visma preferred but not essential.
- Possesses commercial aptitude and the ability to respectfully challenge cross-functional team on performance.
- Confident and an effective communicator. Has a flexible and adaptable approach.
- Well organised with an attention to detail.
- Continuous improvement mindset - proactive in identifying and suggesting areas for improvement in role and function.
- Able to adhere to deadlines and balance workload accordingly.
- Willing and able to travel to Site.
- Competitive salary up to c£55,000
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Electric charging points in the car park