Financial Reporting Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
I am actively looking to speak to Managers and Senior Managers within Top 10 Practice Firms about a really exciting opportunity within a large manufacturing business in The Midlands.
Large manufacturing business based in the Midlands.
Financial Reporting Manager is a key leader within the Group Accounting and Reporting team, who is responsible for ensuring quality, consistency and compliance of financial reporting.
This is a challenging role focusing on technical accounting judgements, financial reporting processes improvement and controls excellence, all within a complex global business environment that is embracing digital transformation.
The Financial Reporting Manager role is focused on partnering with the business to ensure that all accounting issues are timely identified, considered and appropriately recognised whilst also promoting an effective control framework and robust financial processes.
- Lead technical accounting support to functional teams as well as international operations. Candidate must be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the accounting standards work with other stakeholders
- Support Group Accounting and Reporting team in preparation of consolidated results for reporting to Parent, management and external reporting to tight deadlines;
- Facilitate compliance and quality of reporting under IFRS and GAAP
- Communicate with TML and effectively deal with external auditors' queries in respect of reporting and controls in place;
- Build strong working relationships with the local FC and FDs to drive consistency and quality of reporting and to identify, understand and align on accounting / financial reporting issues
- Maintain effective consolidated month end, quarter end and year end reporting processes.
The successful candidate will be able to develop strong relationships across a wider range of stakeholders. Key to success is the ability to lead others and influence business outcomes as you work closely with various Group entities and functions.
This roles provides a varied workload with opportunities to develop and implement new ideas and approaches, proactively manage and continually improve all aspects of technical accounting, controls and compliance in external & internal reporting.
- Professional Accountancy qualification and post-qualification experience with a large accountancy firm (preferable Big 4, top 10).
- Demonstrable leadership and line management experience.
- Strong IFRS accounting technical expertise.
- Ability to partner with business and influence effectively.
- Enthusiasm and passion for continuous process improvement and process excellence.
- Experience in using recognised / statutory reporting standards and methodologies.
- Ability to present information clearly to different levels of management /non-finance stakeholders with appropriate detail
- Ability to proactively manage multiple tasks, processes and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to cope within cross- functional team / global office environments.
Competitive package with hybrid working