Head of Tax - Six figure base salary
As the Head of Tax you will be helping to put tax at the heart of the business while providing skilled assessment of commercial risks and mitigates (operating at the elite side of operational tax, real estate and legal structuring).
Our client are a leading business in their specialist field. They are experiencing incredibly high growth levels and achieving all respective targets.
They will be continuing to grow another 5 fold over the coming 5 years.
The key responsibilities for this Head of Tax position based in Bristol (or London) are:
- New market entry assessment and readiness, working closely with in-country responsible accountants and leads.
- Oversight of each acquisition from a tax perspective, engaging advisors to ensure that the structure and deal parameters are tax efficient and that potential liabilities are considered and mitigated.
- Via advisory consultation, consideration of specific tax impacts on the group and owners, liaising with advisors and owners to ensure that assumptions are consistent.
- Oversight of tax vendor due diligence and due diligence process alongside advisors.
- Close alignment with feasibility, acquisition finance and legal counsel.
- Delivery of Tax Control Framework
- Principle based policies for all material tax rules / considerations within market
- Escalation and disclosure of material tax issues / challenges.
- Legal entity structure
- Liaison with business teams to ensure that employer and indirect tax considerations are automated into system and part of consideration in areas of delivery.
- Key member of the Finance Leadership Team, participating in the coaching and leadership of the function, process improvement and benchmarking and the team wide communication and town hall management.
Our client are searching for candidate who have/are:
- Qualified tax technician or Chartered Accountant
- Experience of International and real estate would be advantageous
- Industry experience in tax, preferably with overseas entities within a centralised tax model, or from "big 4". Senior Manager or Director level.
- Experience of managing external providers and budgets to tight delivery and a high benchmark.
- Experience of influencing non-technical leaders.
- Proven track record of delivering and implementing step change through identification of opportunity and subsequent follow up (passion and curiosity for improvement).
Base Salary up to £130,000