5 days left
- Full Time
Assistant Accountant - £30,000-£35,000 - Permanent - Kidlington
Your new company
This is an exciting opportunity to join a manufacturing and production company in the automotive industry following a reform of their finance department. The purpose of the role is to assist the Financial Controller and Senior Management Accountant in month end, statutory and management reporting in order to drive continuous improvement within the Low Volume Production area of the business.
Your new role
As the successful candidate, your responsibilities will include:
- Management of all aspects of non-staff operating expenses for the Operations and SG&A departments, tracking actual v budget and maintaining a rolling forecast.
- Posting monthly prepayments and accruals for the operations and SG&A departments.
- Manage and reconcile the balance sheet
- Managing capex, ensuring the tracker is kept up to date and maintaining a forecast for upcoming capex spend
- Preparation of the monthly VAT return
- Sales ledger invoicing
- Credit control
- Other reporting for management on the Low Volume Production business, including labour and inventory
- Assist in the preparation for the year end audit and assist in the preparation of the Financial Statements for the Company and its subsidiaries.
What you'll need to succeed
To be the successful candidate you will need:
- ACCA or CIMA part qualified or similar
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Good IT skills including Excel competency.
- Ability to develop internal reports
- Excellent communication skills and intuition and initiative.
- Ability to communicate best practice and challenge colleagues to ensure operating expenses are controlled
What you'll get in return
As the successful candidate you will receive:
- £30,000-£35,000 salary
- Excellent Progression opportunities
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holiday
- The opportunity to work as part of a sociable and personable team
- The opportunity to make an active contribution to the company during an exciting time of growth and development
- And much more
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.