Financial Controller role for a high-growth real estate investment/development start-up. Broad role focused on management information, improvements and building out a best in class finance function. Up to £100K + Bonus + Potential For Equity. London-based.
My client is a fast expanding real estate investor/developer backed by the some of the richest family offices in Europe. They are start-up under their current name but founded by individuals with extensive experience in the space and so are already engaged on the development of over 1000 units within their first 6 months (prime London real estate).
This is the chance to step into a No.1 role, build out a finance function, grow a business and be well rewarded for your efforts. Most of finance is currently outsource so you'll report directly into the owners, playing a decision support role and have a mix of reporting and commercial responsibilities.
They are expanding at rapid rates and this Financial Controller role will play a key part in that.
This Financial Controller role will report into the owners and will have the following key responsibilities:
- Oversight of Day-to-Day Finance: reviewing work prepared by outsourced accounting function (month end + year end), development of processes/controls, own the management information and board packs, own budget/forecasts and long range planning etc.
- Decision Support: support senior leadership team with commercial/strategic decisions being their "go to" finance person providing ad hoc analysis and reporting where required
- Transformation/Improvements: develop the finance function in line with the businesses growth as they scale, lead on systems changes (if needed), develop best practices, oversee hiring and inhousing of the function etc.
- Must have a proven background in developing finance functions and improving processes all whilst scaling a company
- Must be qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or international equivalent
- Must be able to commute to Central London (hybrid working)
- Need to be confident operating in a fluid, growth environment
- Real Estate/Property experience non-essential
What's on Offer
- Up to £100K base salary
- Up to 50% Bonus
- Potential for Equity
- Chance to build out a finance function whilst supporting the owners in scaling a high-growth real estate firm
- Great growth potential and varied exposure