To provide support to the the Director of Finance and Operations. Working closely with the finance team, middle and senior leadership team.
Our client has been providing independent education for arts students for over 70 years. They provide a full academic day in conjunction with a full vocational course in their specialised area.
- Prepare management accounts
- Have oversight of pupil's bills and fee collection; including debtors and credit control
- Have oversight of purchase invoices and payments to creditors
- Prepare VAT returns for the School and subsidiary and submit to HMRC
- Monitor cash flow and liaise with banks and investment managers
- Prepare year end audit information with support from the Director of Finance and Operations and the wider accounts team
- Assist the Director of Finance and Operations to prepare the annual statutory accounts
- Be the main point of contact for the Auditors throughout the year and during the audit
- Prepare annual budgets and forecasts with support from the Director of Finance and Operations
- Prepare financial forecasts for particular projects and to manage budgets set
- Support colleagues responsible for delegated budgets with procedures which enable them to monitor these budgets
- Support the Development Team with provision of appropriate financial information to support funding bids and monitor donation and fund raising income
- Prepare monthly ONS returns
- Check and approve bank payments
- Qualified or qualified by experience
- Determination and resilience
- Ability to analyse relevant data, act strategically and effect change
- Ability to delegate and empower others effectively
- Being proactive rather than reactive
- Stakeholder management
- Experience of preparing management accounts
- Experience of setting and managing budgets.
- Experience of preparing financial records for auditing purposes
- Experience of preparing VAT and other tax returns.
- Experience of implementing new systems
- Experience of manual and automated accounting systems
- Sage skills preferable
- Competitive daily rate
- 3-6 month assignment potential temp to perm