Internal Audit Manager - Financial Services
- Full Time
Contribute to the planning process for assigned audits while ensuring the completion of appropriate programs and risk assessment to mitigate risks and improve effectiveness across the business.
Leading Financial Services with a great reputation in their field, this will be based from their key offices in Northampton with a strong hybrid working model.
- Provide expertise in planning and executing end to end audits based on the established audit plans in alignment with applicable policies and regulatory guidelines in a timely fashion
- Contribute to the planning process for assigned audits while ensuring the completion of appropriate programs and risk assessment to mitigate risks and improve effectiveness across the business
- Support the audit opinion as per internal controls and professional audit standards to present the findings and recommendations to client and audit management
- Manage follow-ups on findings raised from regulatory and internal divisional audits to ensure all data is up-to-date and properly documented
- Review and identify failures in internal processes and recommend improvements to enhance operational efficiencies
- Stay knowledgeable about emerging trends and developments related with business, analytical tools and techniques to deliver quality results within tight timeframes
- Contribute to a positive work environment where team can openly report challenges and exchange ideas, knowledge and skills and maintain good working relationships with each other to achieve common goals
- Approximately 2-3 years post-qualification experience;
- Internal audit experience preferred; although consideration will also be given to candidates with other relevant business/audit experience;
- Relevant knowledge/experience of financial service institutions
- Financial accounting designation (CA) or other relevant qualification, i.e. MBA, CFA;
- Degree educated;
- Relevant regulatory knowledge;
- Analytical skills in assessing risk, issues and critical thinking/challenging the status quo;
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines;
- £60,000 - £70,000
- Car and/or car allowance
- Leading bonus scheme
- Private medical care
- Extensive career progression within Internal Audit or 'core finance'