- Full Time
The successful candidate will play a crucial role in ensuring month end processes are completed accurately and timely, particularly with the main branch and inter company entities, as well as providing management information and support to wide UK businesses.
My client is a world renowned market leading organisation in the heart of Cardiff.
- Developing a good understanding of the activities of the business and a good working relationships with senior managers across the entire business, in order to be able to provide financial, numerical and procedural assistance to a variety of departments
- Support with the preparation of the month end accounts for the business including liaison with Group Finance to work through any queries on consolidation
- Take the lead on branch and inter company accounting, ensuring the timely reconciliation of accounts and the appropriate accounting treatment is followed with our overseas branches.
- Own and manage key control accounts and ensure accurate and timely reconciliation monthly
- Developing existing control and accounting processes and drive improvements with a view to reducing the time it takes to complete month end activities
- Support with the implementation of a new Financial Accounting software package
- Supporting with the identification of accounting processes, controls and MI improvements for new products as appropriate
- Pro-active monitoring of performance vs. budget / re-forecasts
- Support the external audit process
- Qualified Accountant with experience in a Management Accounting or Financial Accounting role
- Strong academic background with strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Experience of accounting processes and a good understanding of financial controls
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with senior management
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Great opportunity to join a forward thinking exciting finance function
- Fantastic share and bonus scheme
- Hybrid working environment
- Super flexible working hours
- Fantastic progression opportunities across the finance function