2 days left
- Full Time
Your new company
Our client is a fast evolving, highly reputable business in the logistics sector. They have gone through substantial growth over the last few years and offer a diverse culture with strong values as a business, excellent staff retention and lovely office space.
Your new role
They have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager, due to the current incumbent retiring after several years' service with the business. In this position, you would be responsible for the company's UK financial controls, leading the finance department and ensuring that the team consistently work in a proactive, efficient, and timely manner in processing all financial activities. Driving a team of twenty with two direct reports, duties would include:
- Preparing company financial reports and Statutory Accounts for the UK company
- Overseeing preparation and analysis of monthly Management accounts information
- Managing external relationships with banks, auditors, insurers, and consultants.
- Overseeing the management of all the financial functions of the centralised accounting department, including active involvement in finance staff development.
- Management of processes and controls to ensure the utilisation of the financial systems
- Offering support to management on tax, audit and risk
- Support to internal stakeholders including Branch Managers on finance and performance matters
- Employer nominated trustee duties for the Defined Benefit Pension scheme
- Ensuring cashflow management is monitored effectively, and debt is recovered in a timely manner
- Oversight of Balance sheet on a timely basis
- Participation in annual budget setting process
What you'll need to succeed
To qualify for this position, you will be ACCA, CIMA or ACA qualified with a demonstrable track record working in a broad, 'hands on' position managing financial controls. You will have proven strength in staff management and development and be a good team player, with a collaborative nature and excellent communication skills. Experience in logistics is essential, alongside a stable employment track record.
What you'll get in return
In addition to the collaborative, positive culture of the business, they offer a competitive remuneration package including a contributory pension scheme, Employee Assistant Programme, a staff discount scheme and 27 days holiday, plus statutory days. Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.