Fixed Term Contract - Tax Manager In House
An exciting In-House Tax Manager role (FTC) in a dynamic global pharmaceutical company.
Your new company
A global specialty pharmaceutical company who operate in an innovative and fast paced environment. This company aim to help millions of people around the world to live better lives. Your new company works closely with their partners and healthcare professionals in order to provide a top tier service to their patients and clients.
Your new role
The role's purpose is to support the business on identifying and complying with indirect/direct tax requirements as it continues to grow, together with managing the tax risk, including dealing with tax authority audits and ensuring compliance with legislative change. It covers oversight and operations of the end-to-end Corporate tax and VAT compliance.
- Preparation of CIT computations and returns all UK group companies and our European subsidiaries (annual process)
- Responsible for the timely and accurate reporting and payments for all direct/indirect tax returns
- Supporting auditors with providing supporting documentation, tax computations and support for all tax information
- Preparation and review of accounting provision information for accounting and reporting purposes, and ensuring that the tax position is accurately recorded in the accounts
- Overseeing and may include the preparation of VAT returns and related compliance, as well as providing advice and explaining implications of potential decisions as required to the wider business on VAT treatment
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of Transfer Pricing arrangements across the group and ensure that the group Transfer Pricing policies are adhered to and that reporting and analysis accurately reflects the underlying business agreements and needs
- Responsible for all tax accounts (BS) including the performance or supervision of VAT and CIT balance sheet reconciliations
- Providing support for new business initiatives and assesses impact from requirements through to successful implementation to ensure VAT compliance and accurate reporting
- Proactively identify tax risks for the business to ensure changes in tax law and regulations are complied with
- Undertaking in the preparation and delivery of VAT training
- Managing communication and queries from HMRC and other tax authorities, including building relationships with key contacts
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of effective and efficient indirect/direct tax processes and controls
- Perform other special projects or tasks as assigned
- Perform ad hoc reconciliations.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified tax professional with relevant experience.
- Accounting or tax background, experience in cross-border intercompany transaction and international tax matters in both tax reporting and compliance.
- Experience of managing both UK and global VAT for businesses (trading/supply chain)
- Experience working within a similar environment would be beneficial - dealing with multiple sites, vendors, customers, and multinational subsidiaries in the Pharmaceutical Industry or any other international business
- Experience of dealing with tax authority enquiries and audits
- A proven ability to plan and prioritise workload to meet tight deadlines
- Working experience with D365
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel (beneficial)
- Responsible, detail oriented and quality focused
- An ability to find solutions and to take initiative
- Self-starter, with problem solving abilities and able to act on own initiative
- Strong organizational, project management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work to strict reporting deadlines, while managing multiple priorities
- Good communication/interpersonal and influencing skills
- Results focused individual with a proactive positive rapport
- Any foreign languages would be advantageous, but not essential
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.