Interim Financial Controller
This role is well suited to a qualified accountant with strong technical skills who will drive the month end reporting and internal controls. This position is newly created and has arisen due to rapid growth.
My client are a fast growing and PE backed business financial services business who have a strong presence in the financial planning sector
The main responsibilities within this role are:
- Run a robust month end process, manage the relationships with other departments, including timetabling, and reviews of profit and loss, and balance sheet reconciliations, preparation of report and analysis and ensuring accurate and timely reporting
- Responsible for the preparation of annual statutory accounts and audit schedules as required.
- Responsible for design and documentation of ad hoc accounting policies, financial procedures, and a sound framework of financial controls
- Review and assess current and new core financial processes, including risk and control assessments for change, design of controls and identification of control ownership
The ideal candidate:
- ACA or ACCA qualified accountant with minimum 2+ years post qualified experience
- Previous experience as a Financial Controller
- Solid experience of working in a finance team with good understanding of the reporting cycles.
- Finance Systems capability
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Experience of Sage 200 or similar
- Understanding of the Financial Services sector
There is a highly competitive day rate (inside IR35) and a very quick start. Due to the urgent requirement only candidates available immediately or at short notice will be considered. This is a hybrid working role with two days a week in the office so candidates will need to be within a commutable distance of Cheltenham.