Part Time Financial Controller
Manage the Finance function ensuring that the team is delivering to deadlines and meeting all fiscal and regulatory requirements.
Our client develops and markets innovative insurance solutions.
- Manage the finance team, ensuring staff are motivated and efficient
- Produce the monthly management reports for the group and the consolidated reports
- Coordinate with the auditors to produce the statutory accounts, corporation tax computations and other fiscal returns
- Ensure suppliers and underwriters are paid on time and against correctly authorised supporting documentation
- Ensure dealerships and other customers pay their debts in a timely manner
- Oversee the payroll function to ensure staff and HMRC are paid accurately and on time
- Ensure that all balance sheet reconciliations are completed in a timely manner, and that the daily bank reconciliations are up to date
- Complete the VAT returns
- Ensure any other statutory returns are completed accurately and on time
- Monitor the effectiveness of the financial systems and controls, report to the executive team and recommend and implement improvements.
- Adhoc projects as required by senior management.
* Qualified accountant either through an accounting qualification or through experience
* At least 5 year's experience of working within a fast moving finance environment
* Experience of Sage accounting and Excel
* Dealing at board level
* Dealing with third party organisations at a senior level
* Experience working for insurance firms in particular intermediaries
Part time vacancy- 3 days a week
Competitive salary and benefits.