Senior Audit Manager
Senior Audit Manager with Big 4 firm - Open on location. Hybrid and flexible working. Unbeatable salary
Join this Big 4 firm and you will have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. My client is interested in candidates with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve relationships and processes. If you're serious about auditing and ready to take on some complex and challenging issues, this role is for you.
Our client pride themselves on being fully integrated, working across borders to help their clients deal with issues that are critical to their success, and winning new business as a result.
From small companies to some of the world's best-known brands, their clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and these companies will look to you for advice and services they can trust every time. You will use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex Assurance procedures across a range of industries.
Your key responsibilities
- Delivering value to the client by providing knowledge, ideas and solutions for improving the business, assess legal implications.
- Ensuring engagements are executed in accordance with the firm's methodologies and guidance, professional standards, and local legal and regulatory requirements
- Leading and coordinating the planning and management of assignments in an effective and efficient manner.
- Securing and enhancing relationships with senior client management.
- Being a pro-active leader of teams, ensure team members are properly managed and motivated and ensure staff needs, including training and development, are identified and acted upon.
Skills and attributes for success
- Leading fieldwork, managing performance and keeping engagement leaders updated on audit engagements
- Completing audit processes and documenting higher-risk areas to increase your technical and business skills in areas including revenue, financial instruments and income taxes
- Engaging clients and providing authoritative advice and professionalism throughout transactions
- Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to develop junior colleagues
- Understanding our clients' unique ambitions and needs and referring them to colleagues in other teams and areas to broaden our business relationships where possible
To qualify for the role you must have
- Proven experience in leading a number of major external audit and assurance engagements (FTSE 100 ideal)
- Excellent technical expertise with proven industry knowledge in energy.
- ACA/CA/ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) -preferably first time passes
- Project/financial management skills, ensure multiple projects are completed on an accurate and timely basis and within budget
- Significant involvement in developing and delivering all services to clients
- Team and peer leadership skills
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Cara Whyte at Hays 07502377206 for a confidential discussion about this role and the market
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.