Head of Finance & Banking Operations - Interim
Interim Head of Finance & Banking Operations 1 day per week in Leeds- Flexible working
Your new company
This is a rare opportunity to join a new and exciting entity within the banking sector at a pivotal point in it's establishment and a chance to be part of a new and growing team within a dynamic start-up environment to help shape it's financial policies, processes and systems. You will work in cross-functional teams to support the objectives of the bank.
Your new role
- Lead on the setup, development and implementation of necessary controls and processes, with the support of the Process and Control Manager, ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance and Banking Operation function in supporting the day to day running of the business.
- Be the Finance Lead for the Banking Programme, including providing support for the development of a Business Case and system requirements for the implementation of the banking system and attain necessary approval for the project, and supporting the implementation alongside other delivery partners.
- Be the Finance Lead for the development and completion of the short-term Portfolio Management Tool that is being developed and used as a short-term solution before the banking system is implemented.
- Work with the Head of Financial Systems to ensure the finance and banking systems & infrastructure enable and empower the finance function to complete all deliverables with a high-level of accuracy, insight and efficiency, with a focus on eliminating manual work.
- Safely manage the transition of data and information between systems as necessary and drive increased efficiency and productivity across finance via system solutions.
- Ownership of all post-implementation finance-related banking system solutions, processes and applications. Proactively look for opportunities to make incremental enhancements and improvements to finance systems, reporting and data analytics capabilities.
- Lead and develop a collaborative working relationship with Banking, Portfolio Management and Treasury Group Shared Service Teams for all the operations related matters.
- Agreeing and managing the Programme budget including taking responsibility for monthly forecasting and reporting
What you'll need to succeed
A professional finance qualification - CCAB, CIMA or equivalent
- Experience of managing the banking operation function
- Experience of implementing and developing banking systems ensuring they meet user needs, support best practise financial processes and enable system integration (Lead Criteria)
- Ability to increased efficiency and productivity across finance by modernising systems, streamlining and automating processes, and improving reporting capabilities
- Managing multi-functional teams of internal and external stakeholders, ensuring engagement in planning and implementation, selecting and applying a range of change management disciplines.
Desirable Experience and Technical Skills:
- Analytical skills with capacity to see the bigger picture and understand and communicate critical issues
- Experience of building trusting relationships with stakeholders and influence them with impact and professional credibility
- Delivering complex large-scale change initiatives entailing the proportionate application of PPM tools, processes and controls.
- Recognised programme or project management qualification such as (or equivalent to) MSP Practitioner, APMP, or Prince 2 Knowledge and use of data visualisation tools such as Power BI
What you'll get in return
Offering highly competitive day rates, huge flexibility and hybrid working opportunities plus a fantastic, collaborative culture - Feedback from established interims is fantastic!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.