Assistant Manager - CF Advisory Quality & Risk Mgmt Top 10 firm
You will support, educate and coach client facing Corporate Finance Advisory and Valuations & Modelling teams and individuals to enhance their awareness of risks and their ability to manage risks appropriately. You will also advise and support the client facing teams on a wide range of quality, legal, regulatory and technical matters.
This role at a large accountancy firm is within a quality and risk management support team to the advisory service line.
As an Assistant Manager within the team, you will work with senior members to:
- provide risk and quality support to the advisory teams where required, on all aspects of their work, advising on a wide range of quality, legal, regulatory, ethical and technical matters.
- help to draft and review engagement contracts and other documents, identifying legal and commercial risks to the Firm and explaining the implications of contractual terms in plain English as part of the controls to minimise the potential financial and reputational risk to the Firm.
- support, educate and coach client facing teams and individuals to enhance their risk awareness and to enable them to identify and manage risks appropriately.
- present at training sessions and workshops in relation to risk issues.
- make sure required controls are understood and implemented and help to deal with emerging risks.
- work collaboratively with the Firm's Legal, Ethics, Regulation, Client take-on and other central support teams to help our client facing teams overcome challenges and to improve our policies and processes.
- help to draft and update technical manuals including template documentation.
- support the file review and monitoring procedures in line with the Firm's Quality Gradings framework.
The role will suit a motivated and driven individual who has technical and practical experience within professional or legal services and is now ready for their next challenge.
- A professional qualification (ACA, ACCA) together with experience of working in an advisory business unit of a professional services firm; or
- A legal/AQRM background with experience of drafting, reviewing and advising on contractual documentation.
It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don't worry if you don't tick every box. They will help you develop along the way.
- experience of working in, or advising teams involved in, valuations, modelling or transactions.
- experience of researching and explaining legal and regulatory requirements.
- have a positive, proactive attitude and be someone who takes pride in delivering a high-quality output.
- be commercially aware and recognise the need to balance risk with reward.
- Salary £50,000
- Hybrid working
- Flexible hours possible