Michael Page Finance have been exclusively retained by a world leading company in the aeornautical and industrial engines market to recruit a best in class Financial Accountant at the forefront of the financial duties of the department.
Our client is a world leading company in the aviation industry, a top ten aero-enginge company in the world by sales, and ranked among the top one hundred companies in the entire aviation industry globally.
They have a workforce of more than 4,100 professionals (including +1,000 engineers) in 17 operating centres located in countries such as the UK, Malta, USA, Mexico and India.
- Ensure sufficient funds are available by producing regular cash flow forecasts, and comply with Treasury reporting requirements.
- Involvement in supplier payment runs generated by Payables team.
- Process bank transactions into SAP.
- Have knowledge of VAT returns and associated reports.
- Work to monitor hedging requirements and place and track hedges. Monitor hedge accounting carried out by central team to ensure accurate and complete.
- Liaise with external tax advisor to complete Corporation Tax reporting requirements.
- Control of cash flow generation and analysis.
- Support with the implementation of Citi Finance Control.
- Maintain fixed asset register capital expenditure and depreciation.
- Research and development analysis.
- Financial ONS surveys.
- Any other financial duties in the department as and when required.
- A qualified accountant with direct experience in a similar role.
- Is committed to keeping up to date with tax legislation.
- Has experience of using manufacturing ERP systems, ideally SAP.
- Has previous experience working within a major change project and SAP implementation would be advantageous.
- Is flexible and versatile in all areas of a finance department.
- Has strong spreadsheet skills, able to extract, manipulate and analyse data.
- Has strong analytical skills, able to interpret data for managers and recommend actions.
- Basic salary of between £55,000 - £60,000 DOE
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working - hybrid pattern with home working days available from your first day
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Company Sick Pay based on length of service
- Company Workplace Pension Scheme enrolment from day 1. Pension contributions will increase each year during the first three years
- Employee Assistance Programme - access to a range of services including counselling, legal and financial information and referrals and career/life coaching