Excellent opportunity to join a successful Construction business as Management Accountant, in a hands-on and varied role. Reporting into the Head of Finance, you will work closely with senior stakeholders and directors in the business to support growth strategy and will be responsible for the monthly management accounts, budget and forecasting process for one area of the business.
My client is a leading construction and property service business in the UK, with a wide range of public and private sector customers and partners. You will join a supportive finance team, and will work closely with the commercial team and senior directors. There are excellent long-term progression opportunities on offer in the wider business, and you will be critical to the further growth and new initiatives within your area of the business.
As Management Accountant, your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Produce month-end reporting against budget and review with commercial team and management
- Understand the costs, risks and opportunities in your area and be able to explain variances to senior stakeholders
- Preparation of detailed contract forecasts, supporting commercial team
- Produce monthly management accountants
- Prepayments, accruals, balance sheet reconciliations and monthly re-charge journals
- Involvement in invoicing , cash collection and WIP management
- Working with key stakeholders on budgets, reforecasts, and any ad hoc finance requests
- Preparing, submitting and presenting annual budgets and quarterly forecasts for division
- Preparing division's year end results and accounts, and providing appropriate information for year-end audit
- Ongoing review and process and improvement
- Ad hoc project work
- Working closely with wider teams to support with ad hoc finance requests
- Ad hoc support to Head of Finance
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Desire to continuously learn and develop skills
- Strong work ethic and hands-on approach
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Prior financial reporting/management accounting experience
- Construction/manufacturing experience (desirable)
In return, the client is offering a competitive salary c£45k + car allowance and an excellent wider package. They are operating a hybrid working pattern, with a blend of office and homeworking.