We are looking for an experienced and technically strong individual with hands-on skills across Financial Control and Financial Reporting. The Financial Controller will be responsible for creating and maintaining a robust control framework to ensure the security of Group assets and that the financial statements are accurate.
Our client are a Manufacturing business going through significant growth and change.
- Responsible for production of timely and accurate monthly management accounts. Lead the balance sheet review ensuring reconciliations are prepared in a timely manner and differences investigated/resolved
- Preparation and filing of statutory accounts, including certain overseas entities/branches
- Preparation of internal reports for the Board and management team
- Management of day to day financial procedures
- Lead the cash and working capital programme including cashflow forecasting and hedging
- Drive improvements across all financial procedures and systems, encouraging your team to find efficiencies in processes
- Management of payroll
- Lead the relationship with external professional advisors such as Statutory Audit teams and Tax Advisors
- Line management of a small Finance team
Skills / Experience required:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- 5+ post qualified experience
- Experience working at Controller / Senior Finance Manager level
- Experience with people management
- Self - starter with a high level of motivation for driving the control agenda for the business, the team and themselves
- Able to prioritise effectively and work to tight deadlines
- Able to business partner and build relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally
- Solutions focussed with a track record of delivering results in a fast-paced organisation
On offer is the chance to join a fantastic business at the early stages of an exciting growth journey in a Senior Finance capacity.