EMEA Statutory Accountant
This opportunity is for a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with solid UK statutory preparation and UK GAAP experience, to join a growing team and gain EMEA experience within a US based multi-national. This growing business is looking to expand the stat team due to growth of the business- and is therefore looking for someone on a short notice period.
My client is a US based multinational software company based in Reading. The business has grown substantially over the past few years, and due to this have been growing their finance teams. We have partnered with the business on a number of occasion's, and have supported them in developing a strong finance department.
The main responsibilities for this role will be:
- The timely preparation and completion of the statutory accounts in line with local GAAP in all EMEA countries in collaboration with the in country providers.
- The Technical Accountant will work closely with the EMEA Statutory Accounting Manager on the external audit process and to ensure that any issues are discussed.
- Liaison with auditors and in country providers for the preparation, audit, signing and submission of statutory accounts.
- Working closely with the external audit teams to ensure the delivery of the statutory audit in timeline agreed.
The successful candidate must be:
- Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- Able to demonstrate good knowledge of IFRS, FRS 102, and UKGAAP technical accounting.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver results to short timescales.
- Available with a notice period no longer than 2 months.
It will also be beneficial to:
- Have relevant exposure to statutory reporting preferably previous experience within a similar role.
- Experience in GAAP to GAAP reconciliation is preferable.
- Experience and knowledge using Caseware will be highly advantageous.
This role is offering salary up to £60,000.00 (dependant upon experience).
- This role is initially to be paid on a day rate basis (via PAYE) during a probationary period to then be moved onto a permanent contract dependant upon successful performance.
- The permanent contract offers pensions, private medical, life assurance, and stocks + 25 days holiday.
- Hybrid working model