Agricultural Accounts Manager
An opportunity for an experienced Accountant with great communication skills to effectively manage the operation of the expanding Agriculture department. The ideal candidate will be AAT qualified or higher with solid practice experience in preparing and reviewing farming accounts and a passion for helping businesses that operate within this sector.
As well as providing first-class audit and accounting services for a wide range of businesses, this client also offer a very personalised service for business owners, directors, key employees and other high net worth individuals. The entire range of tax and financial planning services - from pensions to succession planning, from capital gains to inheritance tax and from life assurance to wealth protection - are geared to benefit their clients needs.
- Taking responsibility for effectively managing a growing portfolio of agricultural clients, being their day-to-day point of contact, working closely with the head of the department
- Developing strong relationships with clients, including understanding their business practices and specific information needs
- Reviewing accounts and VAT returns for sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies within the agricultural sector.
- Working with colleagues in assisting farming clients with their financial record keeping, which is increasingly moving to Cloud-based solutions.
- Training and mentoring junior members of the team
- Continually looking for ways to improve and develop the department and improve efficiencies
- Also improving clients bookkeeping systems using cloud technology (eg Xero / sage online etc.)
- ACA / ACCA fully or part-qualified, or AAT qualified (or equivalent experience)
- At least 2-3 years' experience in public practice
- Experience of preparing and reviewing accounts for Agricultural / Rural Services Businesses
- Experience of working with Xero or similar cloud accounting bookkeeping packages
- Exposure to Tax related business tax computations and basic capital tax awareness would be beneficial, but not a prerequisite
- Salary in line with industry standards
- On site parking
- Great company benefits such as pension and health care
- A full study package will be offered for those seeking further relevant accountancy qualification
- Flexible working, as well as two office locations to choose from for office workers
- Relaxed dress sense