As Financial Controller, you will be responsible for producing monthly management accounts and having daily oversight of the financials. You will prepare financial analysis as required, with responsibility for all financial accounts, ensuring all associated accounting records of the company are maintained in a timely and accurate fashion.
Our client are a fast-paced manufacturing business based in Bristol. This business have a supportive culture and everyone works well together as a team.
- Prepare monthly management accounts
- Assist in preparation of annual statutory accounts, reconciliation from nominal ledger and supporting documentation.
- Assist in preparation of the annual budget
- Create and post month end journals as required to ensure the monthly accounts reflect a true and fair position
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all accounts
- Ensure payroll information is transferred correctly from Sage Payroll to accounts system
- Ensure compliance with any other regular Government reporting requirements (e.g. National Statistics).
- Produce weekly overtime report for distribution to department heads
- Proactively analyse costs to assist in ensuring the resources of the company are being used in the most productive manner
- Deal directly with Auditors during annual audit on all areas
- Produce ad-hoc analysis and project work as required to meet the needs of the business
- Qualified Accountant
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships with non-finance stakeholders
- The ability to work under pressure and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Prior experience of managing a small team
- Manufacturing experience (desirable)
£52,000 - £58,000 salary.