Interim Senior Management Accountant
This is a great opportunity for a qualified management accountant to join an excellent business as they go through a period of transformation and change.
My client are a well known name in the Gloucestershire market and they have an excellent market reputation as well as being a very ethical business.
This role is critical for working with other teams around the business to direct internal financial processes and assist with the preparation of monthly financial information. The incumbent will retain ownership and control over the integrity of the balance sheet and will be responsible for establishing and maintaining financial policies and management information systems.
The core responsibilities within this role are:
* Develop best practice reconciliations between general ledger, subledger and external source information
* Ownership and control over the integrity of the balance sheet
* Support the transformation of the finance system for improving the reporting and to identify opportunities to future proof controls
* Review, develop and document business processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls for specific processes identified with weaknesses
* Build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders in the business
* Preparation of the P&L, B/S & Cashflows for companies within the group
The successful candidate for this position:
* Fully qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA etc) with post qualified experience
* Relevant management accounting experience in month-end close, reporting, and complex reconciliation
* Interest and understanding of how financial systems interact with each other
* Excellent IT skills including MS Office suite, in particular Excel modelling tool
* Business process improvement mindset - to drive improvements in processes
A highly competitive salary is available and a very quick start. Only candidates either immediately available, or available at short notice will be considered for this position.
This is a hybrid working opportunity so candidates will need to be based in a commutable distance of the office.